Visit Luray, Virginia and our Local Attractions
We are home to Luray Caverns and Shenandoah National Park. Each offers a unique experience, from sounds of the world’s only Stalacpipe Organ to the expansive Shenandoah Valley sights from Skyline Drive.
Luray Caverns is a full-service attraction with gift shops, food options, lodging, Car and Carriage Museum, ropes course,18-hole golf course and one-acre garden maze. A 117-foot tall Singing Tower that defines Luray’s horizon, and contains a carillon of 47 bells, provides a community gateway. The newest attraction is the Luray Valley Museum which showcases our valley’s history.
Shenandoah National Park, host to Skyline Drive, stretches from north to south along a 105-mile crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Some 75 vista overlooks and 500 miles of hiking trials, including the famous Appalachian Trail, provide enthusiasts a national park experience complete with visitor centers, exhibits, and ranger programs. Accommodations include resort, lodge, cabins and campsites. Restaurants, gift shops and other vacation activities are available seasonally.
The Shenandoah River’s south fork flows through the entire length of the county, making it a playground for canoeing, tubing, fishing and swimming. Local outfitters provide rentals and guides, and a large selection of accommodations on or near the river make for an even more memorable experience.
Lake Arrowhead offers families 34 acres of stocked, stream-fed water with paddle boat and canoe rentals, sandy beaches, summer swimming, and picnic areas.
Luray-Hawksbill Greenway, a designated Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail and Bird Sanctuary, follows Hawksbill Creek along a two mile paved walking and biking loop with convenient entry and footbridge locations off Luray’s Main Street.
Family & Kid Friendly Things to Do
- Luray Caverns: Explore underground, complete the Ropes Course or get lost in the Garden Maze
- Luray Zoo: Get up close and personal with animals at this rescue zoo
- Bank Street Books: Browse their selection of fine used books for children of all ages
- Page County Public Library: Enjoy browsing, viewing exhibits, or use computers
- Inn Lawn Park: A fun place to run and play
- Page Theater: Experience a movie at this uniquely decorated vintage theater
- Hawksbill Greenway: Bike, picnic, walk, or geed the ducks on this 3 mile trail
- Luray Art Trails: Explore three different art trails around our town
- Shenandoah River Outfitters: Tube, kayak, or canoe on the Shenandoah River
- Lake Arrowhead: Swim, rent a paddle boat, or hike around the beautiful lake area
- Bear Mountain Zip Lines: thrill to an exciting zip line ride
- Yogi Bear Campground: Enjoy mini golf, laser tag, water slide, swimming pools
- Valley Star Farm: Get Lost in the Corn Maze, pick out a pumpkin or Christmas tree
- Jordan Hollow Trail Rides: Enjoy horseback riding with an experienced guide
- Ralph Dean Park: Get physical at Luray’s Imagination Station